TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 05-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #25641
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah, they've had a few guys that were confirmed work qualifiers. I think it's good for those promotions.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #25642
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
She's wonderfully adorable. Have you watched part two? "What else can you make last?"
Old 05-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #25643
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Our friends at www.RingsideCollectibles.com also sent along the following images of the forthcoming WWE Defining Moments Ultimate Warrior action figure from Mattel, which you can pre-order now and use code PWINSIDER for 10% off your order:

Seeing that thing made me think Ryback would have been way better going in the Warrior route than Goldberg route for character at least initially.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:44 PM   #25644
Mr. Nerfect

Samoa Joe is so fucking good.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:30 PM   #25645
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by the Art of Rasslin:

Quote:
On last night's Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned that he recently got eyes on WWE's ad rates, and he mentioned that despite their viewership and market share (numbers most other cable shows would love), the ad rates they get are still fairly terrible.

He didn't give any specifics on prices, but put forth that the rates are significantly less than that of the UFC, which already gets lower rates than regular cable shows because of the violence factor that comes along with it. This is even more significant because the WWE does a million more viewers each week on average than the UFC, and even more than that for most cable shows which get those higher ad rates.

Dave posits that the WWE gets 1/10th the ad rates than that of a regular cable show, which is down significantly from the past when the WWE would get about half the cost in ad rates than the standard show.

Following this through to TNA, he speaks about ad rates being one of the big factors in Destination America dumping the promotion last year, and may be souring Pop TV on TNA right now. According to PWInsider, the ad rates for Impact are about $350 per 30 second spot, which is very, very low. And because of the revenue share aspect of the TV deal, Pop only sees half of that.

So, long story short: Wrestling fans still have a reputation for being cheap and advertisers aren't willing to spend any real money because of that. Vince's 30 year plan to calling pro wrestling "sports entertainment" has done nothing except bother his actual fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Emma underwent successful surgery today to repair a ruptured disc in her back, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It appears the plan is the broadcast the WWE Cruiserweight Classic finals live on the WWE Network.
In terms of tapings, the WWE is splitting the tournament between four days (June 23, July 14, August 27, and September 24) while tickets themselves go on sale this Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
“Kimbo Killer”, former MMA fighter and Tom Lawlor BFF Seth Petruzelli is busy teaching WWE’s NXT rookies how to throw a punch.
Quote:
Will Ospreay says the nerve damage in his back has recently started affecting leg movement
https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/...15481225617408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The former Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers) talked about what recently released WWE/NXT talents can expect when they hit the indies, especially the differences guys like Hornswoggle and Alex Riley will face.
Link to the Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling podcast episode with Hawkins: http://tmptow.podomatic.com/entry/20...21_00_00-07_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The main event of the 6/11 EVOLVE "WWE Cruiserweight Classic Flashpoint" Elimination bout will feature Johnny Gargano vs. Drew Gulak vs. TJP with Stokely Hathaway vs. Lince Dorado vs. TBA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 5/17 episode of Impact Wrestling on Pop garnered 311,000 viewers, up from last week's 280,000 viewers. It was the highest audience for the series in several weeks.
Quote:
As someone who grew up as a wrestling fan, I’m beyond appreciative to have had the opportunity to do something so many dream about.

I’m incredibly grateful to have learned from so many great minds in the business. In particular, I will always cherish learning from and getting to know Dusty Rhodes.

Calling the action for some of the cornerstone moments of NXT as it grew was amazing. Hopefully my enthusiasm and passion translated to viewers.

I’m proud of what I accomplished during my run with WWE. I know I grew as a wrestling announcer, and definitely got better as an all-around play-by-announcer and TV presenter.

I can hold my head up high knowing I worked hard, treated everyone with respect, and generally went about my business quietly behind the scenes.

There’s excitement for what the next chapter brings. I have a passion for hockey and would enjoy calling games again, and feel my style of calling wrestling could fit somewhere if the opportunity arises.
Official statement by Rich Brennan regarding his recent firing which he thanked the WWE for the opportunity and time he spent there. http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/rich-...ing-statement/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE gifted young Elijah Mainville, the young boy with cancer who was "signed" to a WWE deal as his persona "Drax Shadow" in the ring a few years ago with a special one of a kind action figure of his WWE character. Mainville's father posted the following Youtube video about the gift from WWE's Stephanie McMahon and Triple H, which is pretty damn awesome
Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5kKDZYVNKM

Quote:
We noted earlier this month that there was a lot of criticism within WWE over how Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson have been booked.

The criticism continued last week with people openly discussing how Anderson and Gallows were both pinned, taking shots at WWE creative.

Word is that Triple H is still pushing for WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns to look strong but Vince McMahon may be backing off that. There’s a feeling that Vince is growing tired of the Reigns experiment, and that this may lead him to bring WWE NXT Superstars like Shinsuke Nakamura, Finn Balor and Samoa Joe to the main roster sooner than later.
Source itself is pretty questionable in terms of sheet standards but assuming its true, Vince and Triple H basically have switched on their view of Reigns within the past few months. Before it was Vince who was Reigns strongest supporter and Triple H wanting a different or slower direction instead.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • ROH's Adam Cole had a recent interview with Busted Open Radio with topics including his recent heel turn, joining Bullet Club/Elite, and his feeling on the WWE doing their own version of the stable. https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmrush/...rsion-and-more
  • For those fans of UK wrestling, British legend Johnny Kidd announced his retirement match will occur on May 28th as part of Chikara's current UK tour. Will be facing the owner of the company Mike Quackenbush in a World Of Sport style match (8 rounds with 3 minutes per round). http://www.pwinsider.com/article/102...-tour.html?p=1
  • For those interested, PWI had an article involving the current status of Jimmy Snuka's trial with the court currently deciding if Snuka is mentally fit to stand trial. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/102...in-pa.html?p=1
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 14th anniversary of The British Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith's passing.
  • WWE's website had a recent article dealing with Sabu's forgotten role when it came to the creation of the Attitude Era and the shift in wrestling during the mid-90s. http://www.wwe.com/article/how-sabu-...veryone-forgot
Old 05-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #25646
Mr. Nerfect

Interesting. I think that objectively speaking, Reigns isn't ready. The Rock was ready to be a top star after three or four years in the business, but Reigns just isn't the same guy. He's good -- I'd accept great -- but he's just not the sort of guy you can throw out to sharks and expect to ride them back to shore.

Putting him with AJ Styles has been a good move, because it means that Reigns gets to work with one of the better wrestlers in the world, which is only going to help him get better, but that's the sort of thing you do with the best wrestler in the world as the champion or over a secondary title.

Plus, once you get a guy with the World Title, that big moment is gone and spent. Reigns is now a three-time World Heavyweight Champion. He's never going to get that "he finally makes it" moment now. He might get a run that people actually really want to see, but there is a lot of bloom off the rose.

The WWE did the same thing with Sheamus. I wonder what perceptions would be of the guy if he hadn't won a World Championship yet?
Old 05-18-2016, 10:00 PM   #25647
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
HHH is pushing Reigns because he beat him at Wrestlemania and doesn't want to look weak.
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:03 PM   #25648
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
New "WWF Did You Know"

In 1990 the Legion of Doom joined the WWF. Later on, Paul Ellering joined the two along with the infamous puppet/dummy Rocko.

There were rumors that the WWF were thinking about bringing in Bob Backlund to potray a real life Rocko.

Can you even fucking imagine.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:15 PM   #25649
Mr. Nerfect

Wow.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:19 PM   #25650
Mr. Nerfect

My ideal MITB card:

All or Nothing Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
If AJ Styles doesn't win the title, he doesn't receive another opportunity
Roman Reigns (c) vs. AJ Styles

-At Extreme Rules, Anderson & Gallows attack The Usos in the parking lot. They are not expected to factor into the main event. After beating the piss out of each other, Gallows & Anderson get involved, but then The Usos return and cancel out The Club. In the chaos, Reigns capitalizes and Spears AJ, retaining the title. Styles is not satisfied with any of this though. He wants one more shot against Reigns, who doesn't seem particularly fussed either way. To make it worth Reigns' while, Styles proposes that since they're going to be in Vegas, he'll make a gamble: If Reigns wins, he's done with Styles forever -- he'll never compete for the World Heavyweight Championship again. This piques Reigns' interest. The lines between face and heel are still blurred, but it suits their program. Anderson & Gallows are not sure they approve of what Styles has done. AJ is confident though and plans to use this as fuel to make himself even better than phenomenal. You could add Shane McMahon as the special referee because stakes are so high, and to give the impression that something major might happen, but it's not necessary. I guess this is where you go full heel with AJ, with him finally winning the World Heavyweight Title. It'd be a surreal moment, wouldn't it? Going forward from here you can run Reigns, Ambrose & Rollins vs. AJ, Anderson & Gallows at Battleground.

Women's Championship
Charlotte (c) vs. Paige

-Charlotte gets a credibility building win against Nattie at Extreme Rules. She brags about it on RAW and Paige interrupts. She reminds Charlotte about beating her on RAW a few weeks back. Charlotte reminds her that she lost the Divas Championship twice, while Charlotte was the undefeated champion and has never been beaten for the Women's Title either. Charlotte tells her to run off and make some Del Rio babies. Paige and her fight, and Flair looks to get involved, but Del Rio runs out and makes Flair back up. He eventually tells Flair that he respects him, so if Flair gets involved in Paige's business, he's going to get the best of Del Rio, and he's not going to like that. Flair sells Del Rio as a big deal. You probably don't switch the belt here, because their end-game is probably Sasha, but they could have a hell of a match. Charlotte can win with Natural Selection so Paige doesn't look too bad. If the program is hot though, you can probably get away with Paige winning and celebrating with Del Rio post-match. Charlotte can always get it back, or Paige could end up the one dropping it to Sasha.

Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins

-I was thinking of good first opponents back for Rollins. I actually thought Jericho would be a good first opponent back for him, but that could be a television match too. They don't have that real swelling reason to fight either. Rollins' first goal upon returning should be to prove that he is still worthy of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. He can promo about how he never lost it, then Kevin Owens can come out and say that he never lost the Intercontinental Title either. He didn't get pinned at Extreme Rules and there is no way Crossfit Jesus is jumping in front of him in any title picture. A match is made between him and Rollins and I'm sure it will be a lot of awesome.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Baron Corbin vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Sheamus

-A weird group, but I think it would work. Del Rio is in because he's their biggest Hispanic star. He'd be involved in the Charlotte/Paige stuff, but he'd be a good hand to have in here. Plus he's a former winner and four-time World Champion, so he adds that "star power." Baron Corbin beats Ziggler at Extreme Rules, putting him out with an End of Days with a chair around Ziggler's neck. I'm not too chuffed on him yet, but they obviously want to push him, and he'll get something working with so many veterans. Bray Wyatt returns and it makes sense for him to seek his absolution. His leg injury is a worry, but I'm sure he's clever enough to work smartly. Cesaro isn't pinned in the Fatal 4-Way at Extreme Rules, so he moves on to bigger and better things, respecting Zayn's run as the IC Champion...for now. Chris Jericho invented the match and finds a way in to get another opportunity to hurt Dean Ambrose. After beating Jericho at Extreme Rules, Ambrose has a mission to win that briefcase so he's got a clear shot at the World Heavyweight Title. Kofi Kingston is in because he's fun in Ladder Matches...right? Kofi is the most experienced of The New Day, the one best suited for this level match, and I imagine he'll have even more crowd support than the one he was in last year. It could be a thing every time he almost wins the match. Sheamus has that movie coming out and he won the match last year. He seems like a logical choice to enter. He'll be a good base for Kofi and Ambrose too. Corbin shouldn't win, and as much as I love Cesaro, it just isn't his time. Sheamus shouldn't win again. Del Rio could win, but if he's getting over as a face it might push him back some to be given the duke over more "urgent" babyfaces. Kofi could win, but The New Day gimmick seems like it would dilute that title picture. Maybe next year, Kofi. Jericho doesn't need a World Title at this point. His work hasn't really been demanding it either. It's time for him to move back down the card a bit, save the odd occasion. It's down to either Wyatt or Ambrose really. Of those two, Ambrose seems like the more interesting choice, given that Reigns and Rollins are likely to be in the title picture. If you're doing The Shield vs. The Club at Battleground, then Ambrose holding the briefcase adds some real tension.

United States Championship
Rusev (c) vs. John Cena

-Rusev wins the US Title at Extreme Rules, his Accolade putting Kalisto on the shelf. Sin Cara tries to fight for revenge, but Rusev does the same thing to him. John Cena returns on Memorial Day to interrupt Rusev bragging about hurting people and being the US Champion again. Cena gets a match against Rusev, but it is heavily hinted by commentary that there is no way he is 100% and Rusev has been hurting people lately. I'd have Rusev retain, but he doesn't manage to injure Cena.

Triple Threat Tag Team Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) vs. Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows vs. The Usos

-I personally like The Vaudevillains, but I don't really see them being a long-term viable team for WWE, and I don't think they should end this meaty reign of The New Day. Kofi Kingston gets a spot in Money in the Bank, so it's Big E & Prof. X defending the belts here. I would like to see The Shining Stars get some sort of push, but I'm not sure they'd be more than stop-gap opponents for The New Day here. Anderson & Gallows and The Usos have gotten enough shine recently to warrant being inserted into the title picture, and the possibility of a title change feels very real here. You could probably have The New Day retain in the chaos here, but you could move towards some sort of Shield vs. Club feud for Battleground. The New Day chasing their belts back would be a good supplementary story for that show. The crowd might hate the change, but The Usos could use a more heelish direction anyway since their face act is wearing thin on older members of the audience.

Intercontinental Championship
Sami Zayn (c) vs. The Miz

-Zayn pins The Miz in the Fatal 4-Way match at Extreme Rules. The Miz obviously wants another shot. He condescends Sami at every point -- making fun of his "normal" looks. Zayn ends up saying something to Maryse in French to mess with The Miz's head. Zayn gets the submission win here, introducing the main roster audience to his Koji Clutch.

#1 Contender's Match for the Women's Championship
Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks

-Becky has been frustrated by recent losses and Sasha Banks manages to do what Becky can't -- beat Dana Brooke. Sasha rubs it in and the two eventually come to blows, with Becky eventually winning a Beat the Clock competition against Sasha to earn her way into title contention. The two fight to a time limit draw to open the show, and then continue fighting with no real contender named.

Last edited by Mr. Nerfect; 05-18-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:31 PM   #25651
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Finished Bob Backlund's book. The best wrestling book I've ever read. It's amazing, although if you weren't a fan of his era then some of the stories might not make much sense to you
Old 05-19-2016, 12:03 AM   #25652
Mr. Nerfect

I'm genuinely glad he's back. Crazy Bob has that larger than life quality wrestling needs. I'd rather see him with Cesaro though.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:05 AM   #25653
Mr. Nerfect

Random thought: Dolph Ziggler really needs a heel turn. With John Cena and Seth Rollins returning, most likely as babyfaces, things are way too stacked on that side. Ziggler seems like an easy choice to turn sour and prove he belongs.

He's always been better as a heel, when you really think about it. His second World Title win got a huge pop, but it was technically as a heel. He gets to show more intensity and stops looking like such a lightweight flopping around for everyone too. He's always better when he has people around him as well.

Make Dolph Ziggler great again.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:07 AM   #25654
Mr. Nerfect

I didn't watch much of RAW this week, but fuck did Epico look so much bigger. Is it just me that thought this? He used to be billed as 217lbs or something. This week The Shining Stars were 440lbs. It wasn't a 50/50 split.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:08 AM   #25655
Mr. Nerfect

Fuck did Epico look great with those rolling suplexes too. The back suplex into the German into the brainbuster. The Trileda I think he calls it. Fucking great.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:08 AM   #25656
Mr. Nerfect

That double underhook move was gnarly too.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:09 AM   #25657
Mr. Nerfect

Given that they are looking for Hispanic stars and they've proven that they don't really know what they are doing with Kalisto, I wonder just how long it is before they beg Rey Mysterio to come back?
Old 05-19-2016, 01:24 AM   #25658
Mr. Nerfect

Batista Bomb dropped.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:26 AM   #25659
Mr. Nerfect

Really want Dutch Mantel and Kevin Sullivan to get the book for a company with Dave Bautista, Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio in it.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:39 AM   #25660
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Today, May 19th, 2016 marks the 10th Anniversary of the date which was the focal point of a bizarre storyline designed to confuse fans (and sell tickets to WWE Films' "See No Evil", starring Kane). It eventually led to this even more bizarre match at Vengeance 2006 featuring Kane taking on the Impostor Kane who had been tormenting him the whole time, and the finish is even more inexplicable:

DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:40 AM   #25661
GD

GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR View Post
Today, May 19th, 2016 marks the 10th Anniversary of the date which was the focal point of a bizarre storyline designed to confuse fans (and sell tickets to WWE Films' "See No Evil", starring Kane). It eventually led to this even more bizarre match at Vengeance 2006 featuring Kane taking on the Impostor Kane who had been tormenting him the whole time, and the finish is even more inexplicable:

GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:55 AM   #25662
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Wtf. Never actually bothered to see the match or look at fre result. Was that the end of the storyline?
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:14 AM   #25663
Cuzziebro
'11&'15 RWC CHAMPIONS

Cuzziebro is pretty cool (5,000+)Cuzziebro is pretty cool (5,000+)Cuzziebro is pretty cool (5,000+)Cuzziebro is pretty cool (5,000+)
Best part of that match was the two great theme songs.
Cuzziebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:44 AM   #25664
Volare
Da Gif/Pic Pimp

Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Shawn Michaels sounds like he's going to GM 5 of the Pens/Bolts series because of Pit's "HBK-Line" ( Carl Hagelin, Nick Bonino and Phil Kessel).

That's pretty bad ass.
Volare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:12 AM   #25665
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
Wtf. Never actually bothered to see the match or look at fre result. Was that the end of the storyline?
No. I think it actually ended with Kane taking back his old mask from the impostor and screaming "I BELIEVE THIS IS MINE!" before whipping the impostor's ass on the RAW the night after the PPV (June 26th RAW).
Old 05-19-2016, 07:21 AM   #25666
Volare
Da Gif/Pic Pimp

Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I thought he through him out a door or something weak. Why not set the other Kane on fire?
Old 05-19-2016, 07:25 AM   #25667
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

I think because he took 2 months off after that. Went to Europe promoting his film, didn't come back until SummerSlam.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:16 AM   #25668
Innovator
Inno Knows.

Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:14 PM   #25669
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
speaking of John Cena...

slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:17 PM   #25670
Volare
Da Gif/Pic Pimp

Quote:

Waiting for the incident of Owens' kid powerbombing all the others.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:35 PM   #25671
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:48 PM   #25672
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post

Batista Bomb dropped.
I fucking love Batista.

He's 100% spot on. Stephanie slapping guys constantly gets mega heat for her because everybody knows the guy can't retaliate in this era. But it does nothing at all for the guy who got slapped.

Oh and the one time they finally decided to have a wrestler give her her commupence, we ended up getting Roman Reigns poisoning her coffee. What a face.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #25673
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Cruz View Post
I fucking love Batista.

He's 100% spot on. Stephanie slapping guys constantly gets mega heat for her because everybody knows the guy can't retaliate in this era. But it does nothing at all for the guy who got slapped.

Oh and the one time they finally decided to have a wrestler give her her commupence, we ended up getting Roman Reigns poisoning her coffee. What a face.
So..... her getting speared nearly in half was what?
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #25674
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
They presented that as though it was just something that happened in the line of duty with the match. It's not like he went ahead and Speared her on purpose to try to get revenge.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:15 PM   #25675
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:

Owens gets it lol
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:17 PM   #25676
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post

Batista Bomb dropped.
Almost want to follow Batista after that.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #25677
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Old 05-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #25678
Black Widow

Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slik View Post
speaking of John Cena...

At least ESPN probably has better joke writers than WWE.
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #25679
Poit
The Champ is Here!

Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Poit makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Today is May 19th.

Fake Kane is main evening Smackdown tonight.
Poit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #25680
Gerard
Tongue my Fartbox

Gerard has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Gerard has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Gerard has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Gerard has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Gerard has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Gerard has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Gerard has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Gerard has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Gerard has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Gerard has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Gerard has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)

Crowd really got into this match with some modern day chants at the end.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote